Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Walking to Dinner Out Yesterday Evening

A realtor friend invited me and another friend to join her for an early dinner yesterday evening at 6pm. This is a quick photo of the approach to Jockey Hollow Bar and Kitchen in Morristown NJ. It was a lovely evening and fun walking around town a little beforehand. I found a parking spot right away as I'm always early and I picked up my friend who doesn't like to drive at night. We celebrated the sale of her house and still got home early. I have toured many of the upscale apartments here over the years but had never been to the restaurant. https://www.jockeyhollowbarandkitchen.com 

Located at 110 South St. in Morristown, N.J., the Vail Mansion was built by the first president and chairman of AT & T, Theodore Vail. The first floor of the mansion was originally designed to house Mr. Vail´s collection of art and family inventions, while the second floor was to be his living quarters.

A project architect designed and supervised the restoration of this 1918 Palladian building as part of an adaptive reuse project. The upscale condominiums are beautiful with many amenities. https://www.ctsarch.com/vail-mansion-morristown-nj

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a gorgeous restaurant, and the grounds are wonderful, too. That perfect blue sky makes for quite a backdrop, too. It's fun to celebrate friends' good fortune.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I added a little information about the 1918 Paladian structure to the post this morning. It was indeed a fun evening in every way including the perfect blue sky. xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

This place looks wonderful for an evening out. I checked out the menu and there were so many great choices that I think I would have found it difficult to make up my mind. I hope you and your friends had a good catch up and will be able to do it again soon.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- It was very enjoyable and a good time was had by all. xo, Rosemary