Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Two Home Repair Photos in My Cottage



This is a partial photo of the full bath on my lower level. My handman had to totally demolish and replace the sheetrock on the soffit above the sink. It was water damaged due to a roof leak. It was on-the-job training for my young handyman but he did an amazing repair. One coat of paint was all it took for complete coverage and I couldn't be more pleased. This bathroom has a big walk-in shower, and a window. I kept the original toilet from the 1930s too. There are white marble tiles on the floor and plain white porcelain tiles on the inside of the shower. The door you see reflected in the mirror is the front of the batten door that was fully opened for this photo.


My guest room/dressing room is back in order again after some badly peeling plaster wall repair and the ceiling vent back in place. I turned on my central air for the first time this morning because it's going to be 94° today. It might be my imagination, but it seems to be more effective with the addition of the louvered fins behind the duct cover(s) throughout the first floor. I am still organizing and spring cleaning but the end is in sight. The month of May certainly zoomed by, didn't it? xo

6 comments:

Pam said...

Your bathroom repair does look seamless. No one would guess that the soffit was replaced. I was thinking how great it is for you to have a young handyman who you can rely on. Even though he is young and still learning, I'll bet he really appreciates your patience and assistance.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I'm pretty sure I am the only customer who helps him😂 He didn't even act surprised how advanced the duct vent project was when he came to help. I think he was relieved all he had to do was put construction adhesive around the edges and screw them in while I was holding them up with my pole. We make a great team. I couldn't be happier with the soffit repair. I agree, it doesn't look like it was taken down to the wooden frame, sheetrock replaced, metal edging added, spackled, sanded, and repainted. It is very professional and there was nothing easy about it. Having a great handyman is one of life's little pleasures. xo, Rosemary

Mama Pea said...

I love getting these little peeks into the interior of your home. You are so conscientious about the upkeep and maintenance of your home.

Anonymous said...

I bet he's amazed by your willingness to tackle almost Anything! I know I am.
I'm glad you have such a great rapport with him. finding a good one these days is important! xo

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- Everything has been a long time coming and I am pleased with what's been done so far. I'm glad you like to peek inside to see my finished projects. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, He knows a good helper when he sees one and we work well together. He doesn't like to paint and neither do I. Yes, good handy people are hard to find. xo, Rosemary