Sunday, May 3, 2020

Enlarging My New Garden

I put this photo taken yesterday late in the afternoon on Instagram too. I moved my antique iron urn to this spot that started out as a large clump of my mother's daffodils. They have bloomed out now and this garden with no plan is telling me what to do. I planted my large rosemary that was wintering over in my pantry in the urn and I love it. To the left of the urn is a giant mullein i found growing wild against my foundation that I transplanted. 

I forgot to bookmark the location of this photograph of a clump of giant mullein growing in a beautiful garden. I found it on Google Images. My single giant will be probably overpower its small garden space but for now it is a free plant I rescued because I have always admired these wildflowers (or weeds) that must be in the lamb's ear family with their gray green fuzzy leaves. 

Stay safe, stay home, and enjoy the first Sunday in May. xo

5 comments:

kathiquilts said...

Oh Rosemary -- think that mullein will look glorious in your new garden space - a wonderful complement to that gorgeous urn!

Content in a Cottage said...

kathiquilts :: I think the giant mulllein is very happy now that it has fully recovered from being transplanted from the basement wall foundation. It fits right in with my "low or no cost" garden that I can see from my kitchen sink window. In the fall, I plan to transplant some of my peonies back there.
xo, Rosemary

Sally said...

Yay!!! Another Mullein lover. Most think of them as invasive weeds. I love their furry leaves and tall spikes.

Content in a Cottage said...

Sally -- I am glad to hear you like them too. The very large furry leaves are amazing. My giant mullein has recovered from being transplanted and is putting out new growth. You are right about most people considering them to be weeds but I think they are beautiful.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I've never heard of this plant/weed which isn't at all surprising. I just looked it up at in grows in every state so I am going to keep my eyes out for it. I hope you will give us updates are you giant mullein and how it thrives in your new garden space. Apparently they can grow up to 2 meters tall, it would be fantastic if yours got that tall.