Sunday, November 5, 2023

So Many Leaves


This is a photo of the end of my late afternoon walk on Saturday (yesterday). I had a wonderful time crunching through the leaves. When we get some wind they will blow away. I woke up early this morning and the extra hour of sleep was nice. The sun was already up and that was nice. So far, so good with Daylight Savings Time. Have a great Sunday and you might want to rethink raking the leaves.


I absolutely love seeing the sun shining through my geranium leaves in the morning. All of my indoor plants are thriving because I brought them in early. They actually didn't love being out on my balcony all summer. It was just too hot out there so next year I am going to relocate them to the front where they will just get the late afternoon sun. xo

5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Sunday post up and running. Enjoy your first day of more sun when you wake up each morning. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

After way too many years of raking, we have made our peace with leaves. Generally, they blow into the fields near us, and that's a good thing. Such a pretty picture of the sunlight coming into your home. Your geranium will bring you much pleasure this winter.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I'm happy to hear you too "leave the leaves" for the birds and other animals to find insects and seeds underneath. Mine blow away too and the ones left in the spring aren't too bad. I have 11 potted geraniums overwintering inside and they do very well and indeed bring me much pleasure. They improve the air quality too. Have a great week. xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

I'm going to take your tip, Rosemary, and not rake up the fallen leaves this year. I shall "leave" it to Mother Nature and let them blow away. Not many have fallen yet, and my weeping silver birch is golden and glistening with raindrops in this morning's sunlight. Thank you for the photo of your geranium with the sun shining through it. Gorgeous.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Yay! Another convert for not raking the leaves. The birds and small critters will thank you and you will enjoy seeing what Mother Nature provides when you see them pecking and scratching around to see what's underneath the leaf cover in the way of food. It is quite plentiful when the leaves are left undisturbed. So glad you liked my geranium photo. xo, Rosemary