Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August Already?


Walter Crane illustration. Verse by his daughter Beatrice Crane. Arts & Crafts movement, late 19th century. Can you believe it's August already? I can't! I always try to embrace this month because when September rolls around the rest of the year flies by.

 

Today is the closing of that real estate transaction that has taken up so much of my time so maybe I can get back to blogging again, fingers crossed. My mower is out of the shop following a tuneup and I used it yesterday. It really felt good to walk behind it once again. The weather has been unusually cool since Sunday and I want to take advantage before it heats up again. 



I never feel guilty if this is the only thing I do.
Quote found herehttps://www.inspiringquotes.com/
14-quotes-to-start-your-morning-on-the-right-note/ZEaOIvkZ4QAI6I7X

 

5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Hello August. New post is up and running. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Yes, August is here, already. Our schools will be starting in less than two weeks and that always signals to me that fall is close behind.

I'm glad you've had cooler weather, Rosemary. Bet it feels great to be finalizing the real estate project you've been working on.

Mama Pea said...

Hello, Rosemary. Yes, I've missed your more frequent posts but totally understand that sometimes there's simply not room for everything in a day's time. I know I've bitten off more than I can chew (!) this summer and don't like how the time has flown by. Loved your quote and need to remember it and take it to heart. Hugs to you.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- WOW, I'm surprised school is starting in two weeks. I don't think the kids go back until after Labor Day in my area but I could be wrong. I know the teachers have to go back earlier than the students. Enjoy the little bit of free time you have in August. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- I am enjoying doing some things I have long neglected this week now that I have my life back. Mowing is one of them. Doing horrible things like cleaning the walk-in shower floor and the insides of the sliding glass doors. UGH. But somebody's got to do it, right? Never feel guilty if you need a day to do nothing. I never do! Glad you liked that quote. Enjoy the real last month of summer. I can only imagine how busy you are harvesting and canning/freezing your garden's bounty for the winter. xo, Rosemary