Friday, July 21, 2023

Weekend Photos Missy's House + 4 of My Antique Boxes

When leaving Missy's house earlier in the week, I spotted these mushrooms and bent down to photograph them and got a good picture of her house too. 

I have four of my antique boxes lined up on my mantel to act as stands for my antique silver trophy cups.

I love the fancy drawer fronts on this one using two types of wood.

This miniature blanket box has a lift top and a single drawer.

The fancy inlay on this one is on all surfaces except the back and the bottom. It has a lift top and opens to a dressing box with mirror and liftout tray with dividers for small items like earrings or cuff links. Could be a gentleman's dressing box too. The box has a lock and the original key. It's my favorite. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend with some relief from the heatwave. It was "only" 81° today and wasn't as humid as it has been.

See you again in a day or so. xo

8 comments:

Stacey Snacks said...

Love the trophies and the shrooms!

Karen said...

GREAT post! LOVE Missy's house (thanks for sharing) and as always, your flair for putting a room together is so inspiring! (ok - I AM jealous:) ENJOY your summer weekend! Kind Regards, Karen

Pam said...

Mushrooms are so interesting. What surprises me most is how they can spring up overnight, literally. We have some sort of like the ones at Missy's house. It's fun to see where Ms Missy lives.

I think displaying your trophies on your wooden boxes is a double win.

Have a great weekend, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- Missy has been a little off lately and having trouble with her back legs. Owner had to put up a ramp for her but she's getting better every day. Her house has been in the same New Vernon family since it was built in 1840. Thanks for your kind words. I don't follow trends but am always on alert for something to use in my house to make my life easier and prettier. I woke up this Saturday morning to a day for windows open and a cool breeze. I am so tired of being sealed in air conditioning. Hope you have a great weekend too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Stacey Snacks -- Stacey, ♡Thanks for stopping by the cottage♡ I have no more surfaces for trophies but if I ever found another one I would still buy it! xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- These toad stools were hard to photograph without outstretching on my belly. I had the brilliant idea to turn my phone upside down with the lens in the grass and it worked to get the old house too and I didn't have to get grass stains on my white pedal pushers!
Thanks for your comment about my double win by displaying my trophies on my antique boxes. I set this up over 20 years ago and haven't changed it one bit. I forgot to mention I polished all my trophies a week or two ago. Have a great weekend. xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

I like the simplicity of box #1. The trophies are really gorgeous. As you can see on my IG post, we had a real gullywasher last evening. How the birds protect themselves in such a storm I’ll never know. But Miss Hummer was the first early bird I spotted this morning at my feeder.

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- I watched your video of the bad storm you had with the water rushing down the street. I guess the birds know where all the thickets are and gather there to ride out the storms. You must have been happy to see Miss Hummer was alive and well this morning. Have a great Sunday tomorrow. xo, Rosemary