Thursday, February 16, 2023

Me & My Shadow + More Photos Outside My Cottage

Me and my shadow two days ago on an afternoon walk around my property. The sun was getting low and the sky was still blue. We have rain at the same time today ending at sunset. I had an outside inspection for a real estate customer and got it in before the rain started.

This is a photo using the wide angle lens on my iPhone.

This is the beginning of what I call the "way back".

This is my cottage from near the end of the way back.

The snowdrops are popping up along my brick wall.

Every year I transplant clumps and am always surprised when I see snowdrops thriving in a new location. It seems like Friday but it's only Thursday so enjoy what's left of the day.
xo

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pictures and I love that the snowdrops are popping up already. Spring is on it's way.

Mama Pea said...

Rosemary, do you keep all of that "way back" area mowed? It seems as though you do. Lots of area to cover!

Susan said...

I've always loved photos of your cottage. When was it built? It is such a charming home. Have you lived there a long time?

Content in a Cottage said...

Yes, Debbie -- Spring is definitely on its way. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea, I mow the way back but not very often just to keep the weeds along the perimeter from completely taking that area over. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Susan, My cottage was built late 1930s-early 1940s. The original owner built it himself and he lived here until he was almost 100 years old. I bought it 22 years ago and it waited for me. I had been knocking on the door for several years not knowing the owners were deceased. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Lovely photos! Beautiful blue skies and those snowdrops are so pretty. I really enjoyed hearing some of the history of your cottage. Hope you have a good weekend, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Thanks, Pam. I've had gray skies and two days of rain and it's going to be pretty cold tomorrow (Saturday) so I am thankful for those blissful days this week with shirtsleeve weather and blue skies. I'm always thrilled to see the snowdrops in February. I like to think the man who build my cottage 80+ years ago would be pleased with the way it looks now. xo, Rosemary