Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Shredding Marathon in my Attic Office


This animated live photo is set on LOOP. I filled up one bag last week and am working on a second one. Let me know if you find this annoying. It wasn't very effective on the BOUNCE setting.


I am taking this bag to our DIY recycling center in case we get snow tomorrow. I got this blue denim bag ages ago and it's perfect for shredding. I have rigged up my shredder on its side so it feeds directly into this container via a paper shoot. I do this every year in January. As you can see, I am not paperless yet. I still like a paper version of my bills, even if I have to print them myself. Have a great Tuesday. xo

4 comments:

Pam said...

You're way ahead of me, Rosemary. I've only started to organize our paperwork for taxes. I sure like your denim bag. It's perfect for catching the shreds. Our wintry weather is due to hit in the wee morning hours. Stay safe!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I'm ahead of myself this year. I haven't started working on taxes quite yet but I'm ready as soon as all of the documents arrive. My area isn't targeted for much snow but lots of wind and rain. The wind scares me more than anything. Hope you stay safe too. xo, Rosemary

Caroline said...

Have you thought of adding all the shreds to your compost ? I have always added it and it breaks down easily and really provides a great compost addition. We have a 5 gallon bucket that gets filled pretty quickly with the kitchen scraps and I layer with the paper shreds.Just a thought. c

Content in a Cottage said...

Caroline -- Why didn't I think of that? Next time I will empty my shredded paper in my large compost container behind my barn garage! Thanks for the hot tip. xo, Rosemary