Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Maple Leaf on Blue Board


An old photo after a very busy day. I decided to buy the car I have been leasing for the past three years and did all the paperwork and legwork myself because the leasing company wanted too much to do it for me. I started two weeks ago sending forms and final payment to Philadelphia for the title that came in Tuesday's mail. That seems like an age ago but it was only yesterday. I left home this morning at 9:30 for a trip to Motor Vehicles to turn in the old license plates, get new ones, and get the new Title and Registration. I removed the plates in the parking lot and thankfully it was a beautiful day and wasn't too cold. It took a while waiting in lines once I got inside but I am a patient person and I had all my documents filled out. I put the new license plates on in the parking lot and it was pretty easy requiring two different tools. All in all it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be and I'm so glad it's over and now I can relax. I only have a little over 5,000 miles on the car because Covid hit two weeks after I bought it and you know how the last three years have been with staying inside! Now I feel like a free bird. 
xo

6 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

Congrats on the bit of life victory buying your car !!

What did you take with you, Motor Vehicle, to read?

Cannot abide 'waiting', wasting time. Always bring one of my commonplace books. Sometimes merely read, others, with cell phone/various articles, adding to it.

What were the 2 tools needed for the plates?

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- I had to bring two phillips head screwdrivers. The front plates needed a large size and the rear plates needed a much smaller size. I was so glad the salesperson at the car dealership mentioned bringing the proper tools with me. I brought a book but found the people watching to be more entertaining. I had to stand in various lines and observe people who came completely unprepared and listen to their excuses. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

That leaf against the blue background is stunning!

Rosemary, I am proud of you for having the gumption to take care of all the business required to buy your car. The truth is, had you relied on others, you'd probably still be waiting....and waiting...you know what I mean.

Gretchen Joanna said...

I can well imagine the feeling of accomplishment and freedom!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- The agent who gave me the information required to get my title and plates was wonderful. He assured me I could do it myself when he saw the file folder I brought along with all of my paperwork. Luckily my home printer was in a good mood to print the two pages I had to fill out with odometer reading, etc. The whole process from start to finish only took 13 days. It would have been faster but there was a Monday holiday with no mail. I'm glad you like the red maple leaf on the blue board. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Gretchen Joanna -- Yes. It's a huge relief too. This was my first (and last) adventure in car leasing. It took me three years to learn this car and I didn't want to give it up. xo, Rosemary