Thursday, January 19, 2023

Darling Canvas Tote -- Thrifted

I bought this darling canvas tote yesterday on my home from getting my new title and plates for my car.

It's a vintage Boston Hand Print.

My laptop fits perfectly inside.

I love it and it will be perfect to take to the office when I'm planning to come home afterwards. If I have to go somewhere after my office meeting I will bring an insulated bag for my laptop. I don't like to leave it unprotected in the car when it's hot or cold outside. I don't think extreme temperatures are good for electronics. I am so happy with this $2.00 purchase. I don't think it was ever used even though it's vintage. I wish I had owned it yesterday. It would have been perfect for my paperwork and tools at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
xo

Here is a black insulated bag like the one I have for cold or hot car travel. Mine has black leather strap and trim and the body is olive green. It is designed for two (or three) bottles of chilled wine. I have never used it for that purpose. I got it at an estate sale with only my laptop in mind and it turned out to be perfect. Repurposing an item is always on my mind whenever I go hunting. xo

10 comments:

Tasha T said...

This is such a cute bag, useful and a bargain too! I think you well deserved to reward yourself after buying your car and getting through the minefield of paperwork associated with it. Congratulations, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- The little tote was a nice reward for doing highway driving for over and hour round trip. Luckily it wasn't busy, traffic wise, and I knew the way without GPS. The worst part was the waiting after mailing the payment with tracking information, of course. Thanks for the congratulations. xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

You hit the jackpot! ������

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- Indeed. I was surprised it was still there at 11:30. Guess it waited for me. This tote is such a nice size. My crossbody purse is very small but has a compartment for my big phone so I often need an auxiliary bag and this tote is perfect. xo, Rosemary

Linda Sand said...

We also use an insulated bag for our electronics when traveling. It helps with the peace of mind. I do like your new find, though.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- I have a really handsome vintage insulated bag made for two bottles of chilled wine with a very small embroidered logo from DEAN & DELUCA. My laptop computer fits inside perfectly and the top has a velcro closure. As I mentioned, I use it when I know my computer will be in a very cold or very hot car for any length of time. It's got a short over the shoulder black leather strap and the body is an army green color. I got it at an estate sale. I knew immediately it would be the perfect solution for my costly computer instead of a wine carrier. I see you have the same mind set when traveling. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

What a great bag! And to think that your laptop fits inside of it. Kismet! Enjoy your weekend, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

Rosemary, if I haven’t told you before …… your “great finds” remind me of the “great finds” my aunt used to send back South, to my mother, from her days of living in Rego Park (Queens ?) and later in Upper Montclair. She sent my mother a navy blue wrap around cashmere coat which my mother passed along to me that she had picked up at a sale somewhere. She did frequent such sales back in those days. I wore that coat when I was expecting my daughter and for quite a few years, and I do believe it was the nicest and warmest full length coat I’ve ever had. I seldom have use for a coat like that now, but that “great find” was a real winner.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- That little tote bag either waited for me or had just been put out. I prefer to think it waited (Kismet). I couldn't be happier to own it. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- My mother constantly marveled at the wonderful things people up here get rid of when she came up from Charlotte to live with me at age 81. She and I loved to go to garage sales together. Your aunt must have had a good eye and passed on wonderful findings to your mom. Upper Montclair is a lovely area. That cashmere coat sounds wonderful. I almost never wear a full length coat either. Happy hunting if you go to any sales this weekend. xo, Rosemary