Thursday, January 26, 2023

Birds and Yesterday's Snow.


Tufted Titmouse?


Black-Capped Chickadee


I think this is the Tufted Titmouse again.
Jd commented with a correction.  This a NUTHATCH.
Thanks, Jd.

The snow had just started when I took these photos yesterday and we got a couple of inches that required no shoveling at all. It changed to rain and everything melted overnight. It was fun to watch knowing it wouldn't last.

The clouds are lifting and the sun is coming out. 
This was my sky earlier this morning.

Have a great day.
xo

5 comments:

Jd said...

I think the 3rd bird is a Nuthatch.jd

Content in a Cottage said...

Jd -- Thank you. I will change the name of the third bird on the post. x0, Rosemary

Mama Pea said...

We got about 3" yesterday and I did shovel. But then the wind started to blow and created drifts which had to be shoveled again this morning. Just as you said, though, the snow was beautiful when coming down. You have happy birds!

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- Sorry you had to shovel twice. I decided to risk not doing it to see what would happen. Luckily it was all gone and the rain had stopped when I got up and I was very happy. I try to keep my birds happy because they entertain me so much. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

You got some great photos of your birds. It just goes to show that nasty weather doesn't interfere with their appetites. Bless you for feeding them, Rosemary. Glad you didn't have to move snow. We didn't either, YAY!! Beautiful sunset.