Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday afternoon


I have been going in and out my back door too many times to count today wearing just a sweater. When I went out on my balcony at 3:30 to take this photo because I liked the light I was shocked at how cold it was. Guess the weather people weren't kidding when they said it was going down into the 30s tonight and next week as low as 22°. BrrršŸ„¶ but I'm ready. All the outside faucets are drained and turned off. 

This photo is right out of my phone with no editing at all. The trees out back are completely bare now as you can see.



Late Sunday afternoon in my living room. I like the reflection of a lamp next to my sofa on my flat screen tv. Enjoy your Sunday evening.
xo

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! What a 'feel good'post! I was so enjoying your cottage interior and the outside - and then the story about the jewelry! How kind you were to give the jewelry piece back:) Good Karma coming your way xoxoxo

Pam said...

When I saw your first photo, it confirmed that we are definitely approaching winter. What a difference a few weeks make, with leaves nearly all down. So glad you are ready, Rosemary. I think we are, too. I think we need one more swipe of the gutters (to get rid of the late-falling oak leaves) then we'll feel better. When I first saw the pic of the lamp reflection in your tv, I thought it was a fire in the fireplace. (Maybe I need new glasses, lol). Such a cozy effect.

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- Thank you. I'm glad I could help a worthy cause. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Gutters! Aren't they a pain? Mine are going to be cleaned by my handyman & painter in December. They have a side business of putting up Christmas lights and one of my neighbors has hired them and hey will clean mine then. That's funny about the lamp's reflection fooling you into thinking I had a fire. xo, Rosemary