Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving 2022


Jessie Willcox Smith is one of my favorite illustrators.
I love these two giving thanks for their breakfast.
This illustration is from A Child's Book of Old Verses 
published in 1910 with 10 color illustrations.



Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
xo


Pam just commented she grew up with this illustration by JWS on her home's kitchen wall and I just had to know more. It was an advertisement for the American Radiator Company published sometime between 1910 and 1920. I love it.
Thanks, Pam.
xo




8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Smith's illustration is priceless! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Rosemary. I am thankful for and appreciate your posts, each and every one. Hugs.

Linda Sand said...

Thanks for the well wishes. It has been good so far. It just me and hubby so we bought a precooked turkey breast, a jar of gravy, and accompaniments. The lazy but delicious way to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Content in a Cottage said...

MamaPea -- Jessie Willcox Smith always captured the essence of childhood in such a charming way. You are a big part of my blog with your frequent comments and I appreciate them so much. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- Your lazy Thanksgiving meal was very traditional without all the work and you have leftovers too. Well done. Sounds like something many of us will think about doing ourselves. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad it was delicious. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I've always liked Jessie Willcox Smith. This print of the children giving thanks is wonderful. I grew up with a print of "Cosy Homes Make Happy Childhoods" hanging on the kitchen wall.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, How delightful. I just had to know more. I found the print and added it to this post. I just love it. I would have loved this hanging on our kitchen wall when I was growing up. Thanks for bring this to my attention. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I just loved seeing it again! Thank you, Rosemary. A glimpse from my childhood, for sure!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- You are seeing this charming scene from your childhood and most of us are seeing it for the first time, thanks to you. xo, Rosemary