Friday, November 25, 2022

Now Watching: THE LAST DETECTIVE


This series is so good. If you are looking for a kind and caring detective, this is the series for you too. I found it quite by accident on BritBox by typing the word detective in the search box. I finished Season One last night and found out this morning there are FOUR SEASONS and that made me so happy. It got its name because this low key detective is the LAST person his boss would choose if he wanted a case solved. He is the underdog of the office but that doesn't seem to bother him so he finds cases by himself and investigates secretly until they are solved. I think it is on Acorn too. Let me know if you like it or have already watched and recommend it too. It's considered to be both a Drama and a Comedy but it's not corny or silly. It's also on DVD if you want to borrow from your library.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and am working on having a pajama day today. Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day with mild weather and sunshine. Today it's raining and feels chilly and raw but the birds don't mind and neither do I. xo

7 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

NEW POST UP AND RUNNING.
If you are looking for something to watch, I posted a recommendation. THE LAST DETECTIVE. I am loving it.
xo, Rosemary

Kim Carney said...

the upside, it has 4 seasons! Thanks

Content in a Cottage said...

Kim Carney -- Yes, that is a plus. When I like something I like for it to have more than one season but not too many. Four seasons is perfect. Hope you like The Last Detective too. His nickname in the office is "Dangerous" because he's not.
xo, Rosemary

Karen said...

You like the same kind of British shows I like! *I own this series on DVD - it's that good:) I've always been a fan of Peter Davison . . .

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- You should be the one giving recommendations since you own the DVD set. You are way ahead of me but it's good to know we have the same taste in British TV series. I can't get enough. xo, Rosemary

itztru said...

Thanks for another great recommendation! Putting this on our "list". Currently watching "Lovejoy", "Pie in the Sky" and "Inspector Lynley".

Content in a Cottage said...

itztru -- You are watching three great ones right now so we have the same taste. I'm sure you will enjoy The Last Detective too. xo, Rosemary