Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sunday Afternoon Walk on My Property


There were a few raindrops falling when I started. I rooted this limelight hydrangea several years ago by pushing pruned cutting from the mother plant into the ground and I was surprised when it started growing.



Random leaf showing some red fall color.



Giant puffball the size of a basketball in the way back.



This should have been the second photo. looking back.



Some brilliant yellow leaves with yellow berries.



Some brilliant green leaves with red berries.



If you get your snow shovels out early will the winter be milder? I got each of these shovels at garage sales for pennies on the dollar. I've often wondered if the previous owners were sorry they sold them? Just because you sell your shovel doesn't mean it will never snow again.😂



Another silhouette of the leaping stag. 
This time he's jumping over the garage.

Walk over. Photos posted. Enjoy.
xo

5 comments:

Eileen in Fla. said...

Great picture of the leaping stag. When we get nearer the holidays, he'd make a wonderful Rudolph Christmas card jumping over the red barn (I like calling it a barn :-) Have a good week.

Content in a Cottage said...

Eileen in Fla. -- Great idea using my weather vane as a Rudolph Christmas card. I like calling that building a barn too since I couldn't get a car in it because of all the stuff I am storing inside. Maybe one day though after I do my attic. Hope you have a good week too. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Your home and grounds photograph well all year round, but I think they're especially lovely framed with the fall colors. I like Eileen's idea for the Rudolph card.

Lisa D. said...

What in the world is that puffball, Rosemary?!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- It's a giant mushroom.

Calvatia gigantea, commonly known as the giant puffball, is a puffball mushroom commonly found in meadows, fields, and deciduous forests usually in late summer and autumn. It is found in temperate areas throughout the world. Wikipedia

The internet is full of recipes but I would never eat one. Some are poisonous.
xo, Rosemary