Friday, September 2, 2022

Fence Finial + Before & After House Paint Pics

Remember my post about finding three Artichoke finials at an estate sale? Now I can finally use them. I had to "doctor" this photo and remove all the color because they are not wood and the color is yellowish. I will probably paint them when I touch up some of the fence posts and pickets with a small brush. I put one on each side of the gate and one on the corner. I am so excited about finally being able to use them.

Eileen in Fla. made a special request to see a photo of my house in a BEFORE photo because she can't remember what it looked like in order to appreciate the transformation. 
Well, here goes.





I wish I had chosen white with black shutters 20 years ago when I restored my cottage but as the old Amish saying goes, "We are too soon old and too late smart."
I forgot to mention I removed the full length shutters on either side of my front door and I like it so much better without them. (The painters were happy too!)
xo

18 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

FRIDAY -- NEW POST UP AND RUNING FOR 09/02/2022

Pam said...

Always amazes me how much paint impacts the way we see things. Lovely, Rosemary!

Linda Sand said...

Yes, to the black shutters!!!

Eileen in Fla. said...

Thank you for the before/after shot. So kind of you to respond. The lines of the house seem so much more defined now and a striking change. Love the classic black shutters. Really ties together your interior decor too. Well done!

Tara Dillard said...

Amazing how the entire front of your home looks larger without the shutters flanking the front door.

Great color choice.

Fabulous finials.

Jean Ellen said...

Wow, your place looks fantastic! I know you are pleased.

Lorraine said...

Great choice to go with the black. I don't know what they're called, but I like the trimmings over the main windows. They add a lot of interest.

imsovintage said...

The Black is really nice! Your cottage just looks wonderful!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I agree with you. My house looks totally different because of a can of black paint. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- I'm happy you like them. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Eileen in Fla. -- Eileen, Thanks for asking for the before photo. It really does help to illustrate the dramatic change. I think my house is happy now. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- I'm glad I decided not to use the full shutters on either side of my front door and I'm happy you agree. Here's hoping I can find two more artichoke finials for my fence but I doubt I ever will. I can't even find new ones to buy online. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Jean Ellen, Thank you so much. I couldn't be happier. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Lorraine -- They are called cornices and are over all of the windows across the front. They don't show that much on the smaller windows because they are so close to the gutters. Thanks for liking them. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

imsovintage -- Thank you so much. I'm thrilled with the new look. xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

�������������������� Great job, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- Thanks, Judy. It was worth waiting for! xo, Rosemary

Stacey Snacks said...

Wow! The cottage looks beautiful.
So happy for you.

xo