Tuesday, August 30, 2022

My Newly Painted Cottage: So Happy♡


I was at the paint store this morning at 7am because today was the last day my painters would be here. We moved mountains getting ready for their departure and it all worked like clockwork. I am so proud of the end result. While the helper primed and stained the outside boards surrounding my balcony, the main painter and I hung the shutters and afterwards he went around and touched up this and that. The sky with big fluffy clouds really cooperated to set off this photo, didn't it? I absolutely love the black shutters and the black front door. My handyman suggested this and I will be forever thankful. It has transformed by cottage into a classic. The wing to the left doesn't show but it has a newly painted picket fence and my bedroom that sits back behind it. It's impossible to show the entire front in one photo. Needless to say I am glad it's all over but I will miss all the excitement of this transformation as I helped right along with the workers to move the project along. I have skills that had been dormant for a long and it was great to see how capable I really am. I honestly could not be happier.
♡xo♡

11 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: My Cottage is ready for viewing. My painters left today and I could not be more pleased with the transformation.
xo, Rosemary

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

It looks fantastic Rosemary...as you said, a classic look. I, too, like to help when I am able & am fairly handy. But I know my limitations & often need help with the bigger projects. You should feel good about being able to help this project along. And I think it also saves some money as well.

...all is grace!

Mama Pea said...

You deserve to be very proud and happy, Rosemary. I'm betting your painters/workers were pleased as punch to have a talented, reliable gal, as you are, to help every step of the way. They will miss you on their next job!! Now sit back and enjoy the new face lift to the outside of your cottage. The black shutters and front door are stunning.

Tara Dillard said...

Beautiful. Congratulations.

Have had several good ideas from contractors. They see so much stuff with their clients. What they think is 'good', worth paying attention to.

Pam said...

Wow! It really turned out so well, Rosemary! You can be proud of yourself and your team. I know you all worked very, very hard, and the attention to detail shows. I have a friend who has been working on all the outside painting on her little farm. She's working alone, and it has taken her most of the summer, but she's determined to get things done by fall. You just can't stop a woman who has made up her mind to get something completed!

Gail, northern California said...

It's beautiful, Rosemary. I love it. Truly a classic style that will age beautifully.
Six years after I lost my husband, I put our beloved house on the market. One of the items I wanted to get done was power washing and re-staining the wrap-around redwood deck. After my handyman completed the power washing, I watched him as he started the re-staining. I told him, "Heck! I can do that!" He said, "Great! I can go ahead with the repairs to the back deck." Rosemary, it was the best thing I could have done. I had been depressed for so long. The project gave me a reason to get up in the morning, and I felt good about myself, as though each day my husband was saying, "I'm so proud of you."

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, That is such a great story. Doing a task that takes a while really is good therapy. I'm sure staining your wraparound deck gave you a real sense of accomplishment when it was finished. Your husband would have been proud.
xo, Rosemary

Coco said...

it looks so good! Like a house in an old movie.

Debra said...

It looks beautiful! To accomplish a project like that is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it? You should be proud! Whenever I've had a project like that,, I'm always surprised at the energy and new lease on life feeling it gives me. Your house truly looks wonderful!

Noelle said...

Looks awesome Rosemary! thanks for taking us along for the journey.

Content in a Cottage said...

Noelle -- It was quite an adventure and I appreciate all the pep talks from everyone during my journey. I am thrilled with the end result and the transformation of the front of my home. It's amazing what changing the color of the shutters did and I love it. xo, Rosemary