Friday, June 17, 2022

Good Hair Days Forever with My New Conditioner

I worked outside for three hours this morning from 7:00-10:00 working as hard as I could. I pulled vines down from one of my evergreens, weeded like a maniac, filled two dumper carts, planted more dahlia tubers, gave some to a neighbor walking by, transplanted some ferns, cut down tree branches, weeded around my mailbox and more. I was trying to beat the 88° heat that was on its way and I did. Then I took a cool shower and washed my hair and let it air dry. I have been using the product below after towel drying my hair and leaving it in. It is supposed to be a weekly product you leave in for 30 minutes and rinse off. I decided to apply and leave it in to see what happened and I liked it. I only wash my hair once a week and it looks good every day and it isn't stiff or "wet look" which I don't care for. My hair is baby fine and this gives it great body.


I suggested it to a friend in Massachusetts and she found it at CVS. I bought mine at Walmart. She was afraid to leave it in so she rinsed it off after 15 minutes and she thought it added shine and more volume. She has straight hair and mine is naturally wavy.  Anyway, it's worth a try and it's very inexpensive (around $6.00). Missy came over just as I was presentable and she LOVES my air conditioned house.


Happy Friday and have a great weekend.
xo

12 comments:

Pam said...

You've been working hard, Rosemary! So glad you're able to do so many things! Nice picture. When our hair looks good, we just feel better. Anyhow, that's how I feel. I'm going to put the L'Oreal Elvive on my Walmart list. Over the years, my hair has changed (it's fine and tends to dry out), so I'm always looking for help. Hope you have a great weekend!

Horse, Hound, and Home said...

Looks great!

Noelle said...

Love your hair and will definitely give the product a try. You certainly work hard and I love to hear about! Fellow gardeners do appreciate it. Thanks for always finding time to post. Although I don’t always comment I love your content. Enjoy your weekend. Weather is glorious here in NY today. N

annette said...

Lovely photo!xo

Content in a Cottage said...

Horse, Hound, and Home -- Thank you♡ xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- Thanks so much♡ xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, My hair is fine and very dry. If it doesn't look good when I wake up, I run a wet comb through it and since the product is still there it bounces back. Hope it works for you too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Noelle -- We have had what my mother called Blackberry Winter today but I'm not complaining. It's great sleeping weather. Hope you like your conditioned hair after you go shopping. I didn't do any gardening today but I moved mountains yesterday. xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

May try the Elvive myself to Sri if I can get rid of the fine-hair frizzies. Don’t know how you can stand working in the heat. We’re expecting temps around 100 this coming week. I get my “outside necessities” done early in the day and get back inside. I’m not sure how well the birds are faring, but I try to keep their water bowls topped off.

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- Judy, I think you will be pleased with that problem. I have fine-hair frizz too and this conditioner really helps. This morning I need to refresh my bed head by running my wet hands thru it or using a wet comb.
I don't mind working outside as long as it is in the shade. I can't take direct sun. I am always amused when I watch a movie with a man working outside doing a hard job and the sweat outline on his shirt is a small triangle on his back. Every fiber of my shirt is always wringing wet. It's a good workout and makes me drink lots of water which is a good thing. We are having the most delightful weekend with 70s during the day and 50s at night. Real San Francisco weather! Sorry I can't send some coolness to you. xo, Rosemary

Eileen in Fla. said...

This was a delightful post. Because I subscribe via E-mail, it doesn't allow comments, so I always read but seldom make comments. But had to thank you for the hair product tip - I need it in this Fla. heat! Your photo does not look like your masthead picture -- you are lovely and obviously a woman of substance. As always, your posts are so appreciated.

Content in a Cottage said...

Eileen in Fla. -- My profile photo might be 15 years old. I hope you hair responds to this product and you like it as much as I do. If it stops working just wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo (Suave makes an inexpensive one) to get rid of any buildup and start all over again. My hair never looks the same two days in a row because it has a mind of its own. This is the only product I have ever used that keeps me presentable between washings without making my hair stiff or making my scalp itchy. Thanks for taking the time to comment and for leaving such a nice compliment. xo, Rosemary