Sunday, March 20, 2022

Before & After Fireplace Wall/TV Wall

This was my fireplace with a small TV in my living room. I have had only two fires in two years, both on Christmas Eve.


You've have seen this photo in a previous post but I wanted to show it again as an AFTER photo with the fireplace covered.


You've seen this photo too. My old TV was extending into the room beyond the hearth on the right.


New 43" TV with Donna Reed Show. It's on in my area mornings from 9am-10am on the Decades Channel.


Old 24" TV tuned in to the same program. It looks like a larger screen because I was up close with my camera. First photo shows size better. I am still pleased with my new arrangement and having a larger screen. Happy Spring Equinox or the first day of Spring. 

4 comments:

Pam said...

Your new tv really fits the space well. Seeing Donna Reed on your screen brings back happy memories. My mom and I used to watch it together. Happy Spring to you, Rosemary! Our weather has started to actually feel like spring, and it makes it a pleasure to be outside.

Lisa D. said...

How are you enjoying your new TV, Rosemary? I imagine you are. I recall going from smaller to larger TV screens, with higher definition, and it made a world of difference in how much more I enjoyed watching everything.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I still love Donna Reed and the family values in the shows. It never feels dated to me. You should try to find it and watch again and remember the happy times viewing with your mom. Happy first full day of spring! xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- My smaller set had a great clear picture with good definition. I am enjoying the simplicity of my new larger set. I watched Call the Midwife on it last night. I'm saving Sanditon for tonight. Having a larger screen is wonderful too. I am exploring all the apps too. I've never heard of most of them. I am not going to renew my Acorn TV subscription in June but will switch to BritBox. xo, Rosemary