Friday, October 1, 2021

October already?


October apples are my favorite.
I miss picking apples like these from a friend's tree. She moved away and she had the best "ugly" apples I've ever tasted. My mother and I used to go over and pick all we wanted and we always took plenty and went back for more. I have never been able to buy apples that good. Her house was built in 1900 and the apple trees were very old too. Heirloom apples are the best. I had another day in the salt mines cleaning out kitchen cabinets. I started another donate pile and I think I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. xo

3 comments:

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

Wow, you are really on a roll & full of energy. I think fall feels like an energetic season. Perhaps it's the thought of winter coming & preparing that that time of being less productive. Those apples sound wonderful & I know what you mean by ugly apples...sometimes they have the best flavor.

...all is grace!

Pam said...

Apples are definitely a highlight of fall! I'd like to find some good baking apples--just for a few desserts. We used to have local orchards that offered the chance to pick or simply buy their apples, but they've gone out of business. I'm sure hoping October will bring some nice fall weather to all of us. Have a wonderful weekend, Rosemary. Remember to take a break once in awhile. xo

Lisa D. said...

Honeycrisps are my favorite!