Thursday, September 30, 2021

Surprise Salmon Dahlia


What a nice surprise today.
All of my other tubers turned out to be dark red.
Today I got one dahlia in salmon.
Isn't it beautiful?

September is over today and I have moved mountains.
Yesterday I washed all my outside windows on the lower level as well as the storm door and the main entrance. I did the sliding glass door a while back. I found more things to put outside for the annual trash pickup. Everything was supposed to be collected Monday but it hasn't happened yet. Most of the stuff I put outside was picked up by people driving by. I got several things myself from my neighbors' piles. I got a fabulous large step-on stainless steel garbage can for my downstairs kitchen. It cleaned up perfectly and I can't imagine why my neighbors were getting rid of it. I really needed it too. It doesn't take much to make me happy, does it? I've been cleaning out the loft over my garage too. It's just dry storage for stuff I don't need. I have slowly been weeding it out for a long time and it's looking better each day. Will I ever finish? I doubt it! I keep tweeking arrangements I've already done but that's the fun part. See you tomorrow. xo

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a great surprise for you to get a salmon colored dahlia. Beautiful! Rosemary, I'll bet you've marked nearly everything off of your to-do list. How fun to find something useful that a neighbor put out on the curb. I hate it when good quality items end up in the landfill.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that color!
and I love that you're having so much fun clearing out and cleaning up! you made me laugh... it doesn't take much to excite me either. LOL. XO Happy October dear bean!

Karen said...

LOL! I hear you - it doesn't take much to make me happy either:) *I'd be thrilled with that garbage can too! I'm jealous of all of the work you accomplish - I have a very bad bunion that slows me down SO much. I'd give anything to spend the month you have (all of your hard work!)I just love reading about your efforts. I only have two blogs I follow: 'Tales from the Farm' starts my day and 'Content in a Cottage' enriches my evening - both blogs complete my day in the most lovely way:) Thank you for sharing your home with us - SO much fun!

Deb said...

Gorgeous dahlia.