Friday, September 10, 2021

Tomato Zucchini Pie (Recipe)


This recipe is really called Tomato-Milpa Pie but suggests Zucchini as a substitute if you don't grow the Mexican squash called Milpa. The first thing you do is bake the empty pie crust so this is a perfect opportunity to use a frozen one and save yourself some work. It gets baked again after you layer it with your homegrown or farmer's market tomatoes, half-moon zucchini slices, and fresh corn kernels.





I think this is the perfect "end of summer" recipe! Enjoy. xo

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hi - just want to let you know I tried this recipe and it is so delicious! I love it and look forward to having it again. Thanks for sharing recipe!

Content in a Cottage said...

Dana -- Thanks so much for letting me know. All of my readers thank you too. Now they know to go ahead and make this "end of summer" pie too while the seasonal ingredients are still available.
xo, Rosemary