Saturday, September 11, 2021

Currently Watching: DOCTOR FINLAY


I am loving this series with 4 seasons. I am on the last one and will be SO sorry when it's over. It is a Scottish series with lovable characters and stories. I know many of you have mentioned Doctor Finlay on Acorn TV each time I post about something I have been watching. 
You were all right; I love it♡
Here is the link for a very old original Doctor Finlay's Casebook from the 1960s on YouTube. It is a full-length episode. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful series! I will also be sorry when I see the last three episodes. Janet is my favorite character.

Hamish Macbeth was another favorite until the last episode.

annette said...

Love this series. I have watched it twice!xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- It was very familiar to me and then I learned it was once on Masterpiece on PBS but I continued watching. When Dr. Napier came to the practice it was all new from there on. Maybe PBS didn't get all 4 seasons. I did some research and learned it was a remake of an old series from the 1960s called DOCTOR FINLAY'S CASE BOOK. There are some old clips and a few full-length episodes on YouTube I plan to watch this winter when I am nesting. I'm glad you loved it too.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Nancy -- I finished it yesterday. I love Janet too because she reminds me of my grandmother on my mother's side. She had the same hairdo and her ancestors came from Scotland. Doctor Cameron reminded me of my grandpa. I absolutely adored each and every episode. You and I can be sad together that it's over😭
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I posted the link for one of the full length episodes of the original series from the 1960s that was much loved called DOCTOR FINLAY'S CASEBOOK. Enjoy. The link is on my blog post too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BQdwmgrO3E