Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Vegetables and My Cookbooks


One of my girlfriends dropped off some veggies from her garden this week. She didn't know what the two large things were. I think the one on the left is a fat zucchini and I won't know what the green item on the right is until I cut it open. It's probably a squash of some sort. Last night, I sautéed a normal zucchini with an onion and one large tomato and had a delicious ratatouille for one. I used my iron skillet and some avocado oil. I might have the same thing tonight because it was quick and healthy. xo

3 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

I sauté chopped green onion and fresh tomatoes in olive oil quite often. Sometimes for a little added protein, I'll add some kidney beans or garbanzo beans. I agree; it's delicious.

Pam said...

It's a very good friend who shares her garden bounty! I read cookbooks like some folks read novels--and find them more interesting than some of the books I've tried to read, lol!

Noelle said...

Love the picture! Thanks for the recipe idea sounds good.