Tuesday, September 21, 2021

New Kitchen Counter Arrangement in My Cottage


Sorry I missed my daily posting yesterday. I was busy scrubbing down the full bathroom in the basement. I did a lot and haven't finished quite yet but it looks amazing. I had an office meeting this morning and when I got home my electricians appeared just a few minutes after returned home and I parked my car. 
I had a list for them and they efficiently solved all of my problems in an hour's time. I had two GFI outlets in my kitchen that haven't worked for ages and I am thrilled to have them back. I had to completely rearrange the counter space to the left of my sinks and I am very pleased. I haven't had outside lights for almost a year and I kept putting off the repair. That was all fixed too. 
My basement door is just around the corner from the portrait you see on the left. The rest of my living room leads to the hallway for two bedrooms and a full bath. I am feeling good about my productivity this week and it's only Tuesday afternoon. xo

5 comments:

Pam said...

Rosemary, you're just knocking it out of the park this season. Getting so much accomplished. I don't remember seeing this angle of your kitchen before, but I really like all the natural light from your window above the sink and your work space looks great. Bet you feel good to have the electrical repairs finished. An hour is impressive!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I provided photos of the electRICAL work I wanted done and I think that helped. The firm asked for them. The two plugs in my kitchen have been inoperable for years and the outside lights have been broken for almost one year. This is my catch-up year and it's moving along quite nicely.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

there's just something so quietly Satisfying to have everything in good working order! :D
and so seldom all at one time. kudos to you Rosemary! XO

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- I am glad I waited. I found my old list of things needing an electrician and it didn't include all of the things I had done. For once, my procrastination paid off!
xo, Rosemary

Guestie said...


I would like to see this vignette from the front. I collect faienceware ... and display it at my beach cottage kitchen. But I struggle with that fine line of arrangement vs. clutter. And, with today's sparse look ... I do not want my arrangements to look "aged." So, when you get around to it, thank you! ~Guestie