Monday, July 26, 2021

Foggy Morning + Dahlia Bud's Day 3


The morning fog is the result of last night's rain and an already hot Monday morning. I watched Miss Potter again last night on Hoopla, a free movie service powered by my library card. That is a movie you can watch over and over and love more each time.



Here we have Miss Dahlia on Day 3. I couldn't be happier with this color which is a dark burgundy that looks almost black in a certain light. If all the tubers turn out to be this variety, I will be thrilled. This site is a good one if you want to learn more about dahlias. xo


Here is is after lunch when all the rain and dew drops were burned off by the sun. It gets prettier every time I walk past.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too adore the Miss Potter movie!
I'd forgotten about it. will watch it again.
thank you!
and I also love a foggy morning. we're in the Heat Dome now and nothing but HOT! so your pictures are even more appealing.

Mom said...

The morning fog, your lush green lawn and your amazing Dahlia! My very favorite Dahlia color.

Pam said...

I'm not very familiar with dahlias, but they're petals almost look like velvet (in your last photo). So pretty!

Lisa D. said...

I love this picture. It's so calming and GREEN. (Can you tell I'm weary of living in dry, parched California?)

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Each petal has a mat finish and looks like velvet, even in the brightest sunlight. This is my first year growing dahlias and the beginning of a long gardening life if I can keep the tubers alive over the winter. Daffodils are much easier because they can freeze and still come back. I am in zone 6 and will have to dig up the dahlia tubers before the first killing frost.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D -- I almost feel guilty about my abundance of rain while you are so dry in California. We have had some days lately with the smoke from your wildfires blowing all the way to the East Coast.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Mom -- I consider myself to be very fortunate with an abundance of green lawn and dahlias in your favorite color. I think it will be my favorite too.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, Miss Potter is a movie that will stand up to repeated viewings no matter what your age. I hope your heat dome dissipates soon.xo, Rosemary