Sunday, July 25, 2021

Dahlia Bud Opening: Day 2


My first year with dahlias is just starting to happen. I took this photo a few minutes ago on Sunday morning after an overnight rain. This is day two of my first bud beginning to open.


The plant is taller than my old boxwood and still growing. I was given a box full of tubers and planted them all not knowing whether or not they were viable and with no idea of the color. I think most of them came up but the heights are all different. I will be sure to pull them up before the first killing frost and store them over the winter. I will keep posting this particular bud as it opens more each day. See yesterday's post on Instagram for day one in the opening process. xo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU have a wonderful Green Thumb!

Pam said...

Love the color of this dahlia! Now I'm wondering what other colors they come in...

Lisa D. said...

Your garden looks so healthy, Rosemary, unlike mine, which is suffering from a serious lack of water!

kathiquilts said...

Oh Rosemary! gorgeous photo and the color of that bloom is incredible!

Noelle said...

Oh I have never planted but now I do want to! Thanks for the daily shots can’t wait to see full opening!