Friday, March 19, 2021

Mario Buatta ~ THE PRINCE OF CHINTZ

I lived in Far Hills for almost 3 years when I first moved to New Jersey in 1973. Sister Parish and Mario Buatta were designers' names I heard over and over when shopping for home furnishings and antiques. I enjoyed this video preview of his own collections offered by Sotheby's 2020 Auction in NYC after his death. via



Buatta’s Manhattan apartment, AD, 1997. 
Photo: Scott Frances

Read his obituary and loving tribute from Architectural Digest here.




2 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I love Mario's work. I was fortunate enough to meet him and hear him speak at the San Francisco Fall Antiques Show a few years before he passed away. He was charming and delightful. So sad that he has left us. The world is a little less pretty with his passing.

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa, It's so nice that you actually met him and heard him speak. That must have been a real treat! All who knew or met him have said he was larger than life in person. Yes, he is still missed.
xo, Rosemary