Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Current Obsession: KINGDOM on AcornTV

I just started watching this series on AcornTV last night and I'm hooked after three episodes. Watch trailer here. You can stream it on Amazon too, all three seasons. 
Stephen Fry (Jeeves and Wooster) stars in this "charming" (Examiner.com) British dramedy as Peter Kingdom, a compassionate solicitor running a law practice in a quaint and beautiful Norfolk town. As he handles the cases of his oddball clients, he also contends with the mysterious disappearance of his brother and the return of his wayward sister (Hermione Norris, Cold Feet).

8 comments:

kathiquilts said...

just wonderful -- and a great surprise in the last episode!

Penelope Bianchi said...

thank you so much for this! We started watching tonight and are hooked!

Bravo!!!

XXXOOO

Content in a Cottage said...

kathiquilts -- I am in no hurry for this series to end even though I am watching three episodes every night before I go to sleep. Having another recommendation is great. Thanks.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Penelope Bianchi -- Penny, I'm so glad you and Adam are loving Kingdom too. I can honestly say it is my favorite series ever. Compassion is a wonderful thing and there is too little of it in the world today. Enjoy!
xo, Rosemary

sandy lawrence said...

"Kingdom" is one of the greats in the world of tv series, IMO. I watched it long ago and have never forgotten it. It will stay with you long after it is over. I actually had withdrawal!
Absolutely riveting the way it unfolds and surprises.

Content in a Cottage said...

sandy lawrence -- I cannot stop watching KINGDOM but I don't ever want to see it end. I know I can't have it both ways. Thanks for another positive review for, as you say, one of the greats in the world of tv series. Why can't it have 10 seasons? I am halfway through and loving every minute.
xo, Rosemary

Marie in AZ said...

Rosemary- A HUGE thank you for telling us about KINGDOM! We loved it from the very first episode we watched.

Content in a Cottage said...

Marie in AZ -- Marie, I am so glad you are enjoying this fabulous series too. I will probably finish it tonight. It's the BEST!
xo, Rosemary