Saturday, June 13, 2020

Old Teddy Bear Posing for Me

This is one of the first photos I took while trying to master portrait mode on my latest iPhone. I posted this on Instagram this week too and it was well received. I didn't notice that his left ear was turned back but maybe it adds to the charm. At least it's not chewed off like a companion bear's that sits beside this one in an antique child's chair. Webster was responsible for that mishap. Anyway, I hardly ever use my big 35mm camera because it doesn't fit in my pocket. Smile☺
I was asked on Instagram if this jointed teddy bear was mine as a child. Sadly, it wasn't. I picked it up at a garage sale or estate sale long ago in a pile of modern toys for a song. It is a lovely cool Saturday here at the cottage and I have already been weeding for an hour or so. Enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Someone surely did love that bear!

Penelope Bianchi said...

I think this was the bear that was posing in the antique child's high chair I bought from you!

I think I have the same iron rooster......two of them. I will post!

What lovely same tastes we share!

Content in a Cottage said...

Penelope Bianchi -- I think you are right! I can't wait to see your rooster. We do like the same things, don't we? Lovely indeed!
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- That bear was truly loved and still is now that he has a new audience. I wonder what his fur looked like when he was brand new?
xo, Rosemary