Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Baking Sourdough English Muffins

I baked sourdough English muffins yesterday and they were easy and good but way too small. They look pretty normal in the photo but the are more like sea biscuits in real life, but good. The recipe called for a 3 inch cutter and that's what I used. My mother used to use tuna cans with the bottoms cut out. They don't make the cans that way anymore and you cannot cut out the bottoms. I just transferred the muffins from the griddle to this pan for the photo. To see more photos, go to my Instagram where I posted three photos. Use the forward arrow on a computer or swipe on phone or iPad. The jonquils were planted by my mother and I love seeing them sway from my kitchen window in a new garden where I transplanted them. xo

3 comments:

Sally said...

Good morning! these look delicious, and perfect. Did you use a particular recipe? With your example, I started with a sourdough starter (this seems to be my new job ;-) and baked the oatmeal bread. Marvelous!!
Thanks for the inspiration and piquing my curiosity to master a new skill. You are the best and I love your blog, eagerly waiting for each post.
Stay well and happy and with warmest regards, Sally Anne

Content in a Cottage said...

Sally, I will post the recipe soon.
xo, Rosemary

Linda De Concini said...

since you can't cut out the bottom of the tuna can Maybe if you just punch a hole in the middle of the tuna can it might work. just a thought, don't know if it will work. dust it will flour or corn meal. Looking forward to the posting of your recipe.