Sunday, March 1, 2020

Hello, March and A Lamb Cake

March came in like a lamb at my cottage. It was 23° when I thought to look at the weather app on my phone but there's no wind. I was thrilled to see a bluebird checking out my bluebird box so hopefully she liked what she saw and is ready to set up housekeeping soon. Fingers crossed.

Do you have a lamb cake mold? No? There's still time to find one and if you do, here's the recipe. I found a link for this mold on Amazon. Be sure to read the reviews about putting wooden skewers in the ears and neck for stability. Happy baking.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

March came in like a lamb in Iowa (50 degrees!!). Thank you again for your wonderful blog, it's one of my happy places at the end of the day. Have a great week.

Lisa D. said...

OMG, it's so cute! We've had no rain and very mild, Spring-like temperatures in California. Lovely, but it will mean another long, hot, dry Summer unless we get lots of rain in March. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)

Betty said...

I make a bunny Easter cake every year. I love holiday traditions.
Warm and rainy in South Carolina and the azaleas are in full bloom!

The Queen Vee said...

I think we had our last snowfall here in the valley this past Sunday. It is suppose to be 60 this coming Friday. I think it is too early to be so warm. Our lawn serviced fertilized today and I think I need to go out and see if any of the bulbs I planted are coming up, I'm sure they are.

I do have a lamb cake mold, it was a gift and one that I have never used. Maybe I will give it a try this year for Easter along with our traditional pineapple orange cake. I will let you know if I do. I'll use this recipe that you posted.