Wednesday, March 18, 2020

300,000 Free eBooks: Free w/ Library Card


There's good news for all the e-bookworms out there. The New York Public Library released an app today that allows anyone with a library card (and an iOS or Android phone) to "borrow" any of the 300,000 e-books in the collection.

It's called SimplyE and will allow you to read books on your phone, but beware, there might be a wait list for some popular titles, including the Game of Thrones series. (Check out the Harry Potter books, quick!) The online collection will continue to grow, and there are Kindle and web browser versions in development. But, for now, take a break from Pokemon Go and read to your digital heart's content.

All you have to do is download the app called SimplyE

I have already downloaded it from The Apple App Store. So this is what the IOS version looks like. If you have an android phone you can download it too. I think you have to do it thru Google Play

I hope Audio books come next. Take care and stay busy. xo

4 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Thank you for this! Can you do it on an e-reader or tablet?

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa -- I would certainly think you could do this on an iPad or a Kindle or other e-reader. Can you download the App on the device you have? Just try and see. I can't imagine the New York Public Library wouldn't have thought of this. Enjoy your free ebooks.
xo, Rosemary

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

This is very good news for me Rosemary. I must get a library card first, but I have purchased all my books & e-books for several years. We had a small business, so a book on loan was just a worry for me. I finished some books quickly, but depending on how busy we were I sometimes took a long time to read a book. I joined Kindle Unlimited for a 3 month free trial, but so far I'm not happy with what I am able to read. I will read more thoroughly about the app, but it sounds like a wonderful solution for me.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek -- I hope this turns out to be just what you were looking for. All the libraries around me are closed. I hope you don't have to wait too long to get yours.
xo, Rosemary