Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Help is On The Way

Jack Ma, co-founder of Alibaba. is donating 500,000 coronavirus testing kits and one million protective face masks to the United States. The Chinese billionaire already has pledged 2 million protective masks to European countries.

Read the article in the link below.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/14/21179624/alibaba-co-founder-jack-ma-coronavirus-test-kits-masks-us

The Washington Post has a daily free newsletter on coronavirus. I signed up for it and it's very good. I cannot find a link devoted to the newsletter alone but it appears on today's Washington Post article. Look closely and sign up. It's got all the information most of us need.

Look for a black box with the words Sign Up and a circle with a red envelope indicating email and the wording below:
Get our Coronavirus Updates newsletter
Receive the most important developments in your inbox every day. All stories linked in the newsletter are free to access.
Sign up

I put my outerwear out in the sun to disinfect after I went food shopping yesterday. I put my phone outside too. It's raining today and will be again tomorrow; I'm so glad I went out when I did. There were lots of empty shelves but I got everything on my list. There was no bread and absolutely no canned goods and not much cereal. I keep trying to sign up for InstaCart for home food delivery but I can't make it do what I want so far. The things I want don't seem to come up on the list. Will keep trying and keep you informed.
I am a homebody at heart and I love being at home anyway so my life seems much the same. Friends are checking in with me and that's comforting in case I need them. Be well and hang in there. xo

The Metropolitan Opera is streaming operas FREE during coronavirus closure. Read more here.

Free Digital Concerts - Berlin Symphony. Read more here.

I just found a really darling video of an Australian shepherd giving advice on how to protect yourself from this virus. Follow @my_aussie_gal showing you how. You will have to click on the arrow to start the video. She is the smartest dog ever.

4 comments:

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

What a fantastic post Rosemary...full of very useful information. I loved the video with the Australian shepherd, such smart dogs. But my Lab (& your sweet guy) is quite smart as well. I will definitely sign up for the Washington Post newsletter. I don't have TV, but do use my computer somewhat like a TV, but it's kind of a pain to find up to date information. I love being at home too, so I hope to make good use of the extra time here. Stay well.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek -- Anita, you don't really need a tv these days. Since I cut the cord with cable I have only one of my three TV sets hooked up with an "air antena" to pull in HD TV waves free from the air. I use my iPad for watching media like Pluto TV, etc. All the networks have apps for watching their shows. I would and could use my computer like you do, but I don't have Retina Display on my desktop or my laptop and I like a really clear picture. I am glad you liked all the information I tried to cram into one post. Be safe.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Rosemary, it's always a pleasure to see your posts! Thanks for the info about the Washington Post--I signed up. Planning to watch the Met, too. It's important for us to look for us to stay informed and positive during tough times. Thanks for always thinking of your readers!

annette said...

Thank you, Rosemary. The aussie is adorable. Stay well and sending love from another homebody at heart