Friday, March 8, 2019

Cast Iron Chicken in Snow

A view from my pantry window this 20° Friday morning showing the long shadows of my cast iron chicken. It has been too cold for the melting of snow but some of it has evaporated and is leaning where the sun hits. I have finally learned, after owning my cottage since 2001, how to deal with the snow. Now I just take care of the accumulation in the wide entrance opposite my front door and let the other side of my semi-circular driveway melt on its own. 
"We are too soon old, and too late smart."

Today is International Women's Day. This link could keep me busy all day.

4 comments:

Jaybird said...

Well, we have no snow :^(, but my 20° rooster is made out of tin and painted in gaudy colors!! He thinks he needs a heater in the garden....I told him just wait 15 minutes and he will think he needs A/C out there!!
Stay warm,
J

Penelope Bianchi said...

So so so pretty! Love that hen! I have only iron roosters! 3!

Claire said...

We have no snow either. Instead the possibility of rain, hail, wind and tornadoes for today. After that will be flash floods! Everyone's roosters, be they cast iron, tin or real better hang on tight in our neck of the woods today!

Sheila said...

Rosemary, I would love to know more about the history of your chickens. I have a pair that look very similar to yours and am debating whether to keep or sell them. They are about three feet tall. I have no idea of their value. Any feedback would be appreciated. Always love your blog posts! :)