Saturday, October 13, 2018

Clean Curtain in My Bedroom

You have all heard of selective hearing, right? Well, this is selective photography. What you can see looks perfect but in reality the bed is unmade and all my pillows are piled on the chair at the other window. My down comforter is usually folded accordion-style on this drop leaf table in case I get cold in the middle of the night. Anyway, I wanted to show you one clean and ironed curtain in my bedroom. I keep fiddling with the gathers trying to get them to hang just right. I was tempted to use my spray starch on them but I didn't. Right now, they are very soft to the touch and hopefully will develop a memory of the way I want them to look. They are on a tension rod inside the window casing.

I am so pleased with my domesticity lately but I have only dealt with the tip of the iceberg so far. There is still much to do. I have to assign myself certain tasks and try not to think about the big picture or I would surely go mad. The reflection you see on the right is my flatscreen TV on a pile of books so I can watch from my bed if I can manage to stay awake. 

Thank you all for your concern about my car. They will look at it on Monday. Have a great weekend. xo

5 comments:

jane said...

I am having the same urge to clean and perfect but I am just not free to do it. I envy your freedom to do these things and your beautiful results. Thanks for the pictures that I enjoy so much. I think many others love them too.

Content in a Cottage said...

Jane -- Yes, I am very fortunate but don't forget, I am trapped at home without a car and that has helped me get more done than I would have otherwise. So I guess you could say car trouble has its benefits. I hope you can find some free time soon.
xo, Rosemary

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I hope tht your car is fixed soon. In the meantime your curtains look great!

kathiquilts said...

Hurrah for selective photography! A great reminder to celebrate each little chore we have completed. It can be so easy to miss or discount those little accomplishments when we focus on seeing the whole forest and miss those wonderful little trees!

The Queen Vee said...

My mother always made us help with spring and fall cleaning....it was always a serious deep cleaning event. Homes are never ending projects but one that gives a sense of fulfillment when you can cross things off a list.

I love checked anything especially on chairs and curtains, most excellent how you've used this fabric over and over and it still looks great.