Saturday, February 17, 2024

More Snow on Saturday + Petsitting + Movie Review

It snowed again last night but it was all light fluffy powder instead of the heavy wet type a few days ago. I am pet sitting again for neighbors and Henry was a trooper when we went out when he was ready around 7am. 


 This is the spot he chose for himself on Friday night. I put the little bed that fits in his carrier under him. I like dogs on furniture but not on my furniture πŸΎπŸΎπŸ˜‰ if you know what I mean.

His furry legs were covered in small snowballs that were hard to get off. Next time we go out I will use the hairdryer to melt them. Luckily I had a big towel handy what was recently used to clean up some spilled coffee. I keep one handy on the back of my door to the basement and it's easy to grab in an emergency. The sun is out and the thermometer is above freezing and my car is almost totally melted so I can get out easily if I had to but I don't.

I just watched a great movie on Hulu -- THE LOST KING with Sally Hawkins about the lost grave of King Richard III. It was wonderful and I loved it. It's the perfect movie for the long Presidents' Day weekend. https://www.hulu.com/movie/the-lost-king-d375d155-00b4-45ea-8584-2fbb4826f57a Enjoy!


I liked the way the sun was shining through the geranium leaves in today's last photo. Have a great weekend. xo

9 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

New post up and running. Snow, dog-sitting, movie recommendation and more. Have a great long weekend. xo, Rosemary

Kathy said...

Our dog gets snowballs on her fur too, and I've been told a whisk works great to remove them. We got snow here in Michigan, too. Not long after we shoveled, it was melted. Should have waited a bit. :)

Content in a Cottage said...

Kathy -- Thanks for the tip. I will try using a whisk on the fur snowballs on our next walk just before dark. I'll let you know if it works. I am a firm believer in waiting as long as I can for the snow to melt naturally. That's if I don't have to go anywhere. Enjoy the long weekend. xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

Henry looks such a sweet boy and it's good that the snow didn't stop you both from going out.
Here in England we haven't had the 'snow bomb' we were promised (yet), although Scotland has experienced some heavy falls. I like to see snow as long as I don't have to go out in it.

Pam said...

We got about 2-3 inches of snow yesterday, but it's supposed to warm up and I'll bet most of it will be gone by tomorrow afternoon--at least I'm hoping it's gone.

So kind of you to help watch Henry. He sounds like a nice dog.

Have a good, long weekend, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Henry is an easy dog. He lives in New York City but he's a good country dog too. My neighbor's daughter (Henry's mom) had her first child aso she's taking care of him for a while. So right now I am the dogsitter's dogsitter.
I hope your promised "snow bomb" turns out to be a false alarm. I like snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere while it's bad. I don't mind tromping around in it on my property though. Stay safe and warm. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Your weather is like mine. Snow that comes and goes away quickly -- my favorite kind. Henry is very sweet and not too much trouble. Have a great long weekend too. xo, Rosemary

Kristine said...

The photo of the sunlight coming in through the geranium leaves stopped me cold. The china hutch is gorgeous. It's a stunning picture; such a still, quiet beauty to it. Thank you for the inspiration. I don't subscribe, but I do pop over here frequently to catch up on your posts. I guess I am drawn to your photos, musings and news about life in your cottage. Oh, and I learned a new word today: armillary. I have one that I bought in a thrift shop, simply because I think it looks classic, or timeless.

Content in a Cottage said...

Kristie -- Lucky you, finding an armillary in a thrift shop! I have always wanted one but most homeowners who move take theirs with them. Thank you for your kind words about my photos and cottage life. Stop by again soon. xo, Rosemary