Saturday, July 1, 2023

July First Evening Photos

Two tiny geranium cuttings I just pushed in the dirt of this hanging basket and they are both blooming. Geraniums are so easy.

The begonias my friend gave me are lovely.

An overview of the bed to the left of my walk. The peonies are finished but the greenery in the foreground is still nice. The same for the lilies of the valley that are my main groundcover to the left all the way back.

Mainly pansies and a few begonias mixed in. I pinched the pansies daily. My mother always said the more you pinch them the more they will grow. And she was right.

I started some ferns in this corner and they should spread over time. The impatients that were a give are doing well too. 

The hanging basket with the tiny geranium cuttings.

An overview of this corner of my world.

Hope everyone has a great long July 4th weekend.
See you again soon, I promise.
xo

Click any photo to enlarge.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Your gardens look so nice, Rosemary! It's wonderful to see the lush green and all those blooms! Hope you've had a good weekend.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Everything is very lush once again because of the rain we are getting almost daily because of the weather pattern in my area. Hope you have a nice July 4th tomorrow! xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

Your garden is looking so lovely, Rosemary, especially your pot of begonias. Are they bowls of water you have put out for the birds?
Hope you've had a weekend and enjoyed some sunny weather.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- My birdbath leaks so I always have bowls of water for my birds. One bowl is brass so I can leave it out all year long. This is my first year ever for begonias because they were a gift. I am very impressed with them though I was skeptical when I planted them. Now I want them every year! Hope you are having a nice summer. I finally had to turn on my central air because of the humidity from all the rain. I always wait as long as I can because I prefer open windows. xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

Hi Rosemary. Where are you? Either you are on holiday or taking a break or I am somehow missing your posts. I hope everything is well.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- Lisa, You are too sweet to worry about me. I am fine and have been busy with a complicated real estate transaction. It should close soon (fingers crossed). I am out of practice but will try to post something today. Hope you are having a nice summer. xo, Rosemary