Thursday, March 2, 2023

Snow Scene: Tapping the Sugar Maple Trees

This antique oil painting is one of my favorite things and I look at it between my living room windows daily. It cools me in the summer and warms me in the winter. It is signed but I need to take it off the wall and adjust the canvas because it has slipped a bit and the whole signature isn't showing. That's a project for another day. It has a picture light above it so it's not that easy and will I have to move furniture. There is dense fog outside this morning and most of my snow has melted on the driveway with no shoveling on my part at all and that pleases me immensely. Have a great day!
xo

6 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Thursday, March 2, 2023 Post is up and running. It's a picture of a picture. One of my old oil paintings of a Winter Scene.
Enjoy.
xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

It's a wonderful painting. One of the things I love about your blog, Rosemary, is your ability to connect people with the simple and enjoyable aspects of our everyday lives that we sometimes overlook; our natural surroundings, animals, friends, and normal daily activities that we may think of as routine, but actually give us a feeling of being grounded.

Please tell me who the beautiful cat is that appears in your header. I love all animals, but for some reason, have a special fondness for cats. Thank you, as always, for a lovely post.

Tasha T said...

That's a lovely oil painting, Rosemary, and I see why you enjoy it. Some of my ancestors migrated to Wisconsin in the 19th Century and lived aand worked in the Sugarbush area so your painting has a particular interest for me.
I'm glad the snow didn't hang around for long, it's time for spring to start.

Pam said...

That's a lovely picture and a great reminder of the fact that Mother Nature provides us with the sweetest gifts of all (like maple syrup!).

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, You are so right. It's good to see the hard work involved in bringing us such a sweet topping for our pancakes and French toast. Now we know why pure Maple Syrup is so expensive.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I bought this lovely oil painting from the estate of an old antique dealer I admired. I was invited in for a private showing and I purchased quite a few things to resell when I was in the antiques business but I knew right away this was a keeper for myself. Your ancestors must have enjoyed scenes like this in the Sugarbush region in Wisconsin.
xo, Rosemary