Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Best of British Taste

Like this detail? Wait until you see the rest of this Welsh dresser all decked out for a party.

You will see more inside this amazing English house too.
There are a total of TEN (10) photos on one Instagram post @bibableofbritishtaste HERE

bibleofbritishtaste Sunday lunch chez painter and muralist @a_h_dodd , a beautiful muddle of stuff assembled with an artist’s eye, a double row of milk jugs hanging on the dresser, a tented bedroom in Regency stripe, a minute hall hung with linen printed for the House of Lords by Giles Gilbert Scott - and chinoiserie upstairs, all in an old red brick house with a friendly face. Dodd has lately and very justly been featured in BOTH @cabanamagazine and @theworldofinteriors - but I suspect they tidied everything up

I love this beautiful middle of stuff, don't you?
See the Instagram of painter/muralist @a_h_dodd (Alan Dodd) HERE

Enjoy it all.......xo

8 comments:

Tasha T said...

Great house, and yes, I too love this style. It's the sort of cottage I think I would like to live in with shelves of collectables and bric-a-brac. However, I'm very happy in my mid-century home. Less dusting .....

Pam said...

Wow! So many beautiful things to take in. Of course, I've always adored all things blue and white! I saw a reference to Cabana Magazine, and checked it out, too. Interesting and inspiring.

beverly said...

I love old houses like this. Every flat service covered love it.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Dusting is my least favorite thing about housework so I understand why you have a decor requires less of it. It's fun to imagine living in the cottage you describe though. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I ended up following the two magazines mentioned in the Instagram article. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of the awesome house too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

beverly -- I like the look of every surface covered too. But the things have to be wonderful! The house in this post ticks all the boxes, doesn't it? xo, Rosemary

beverly said...

Did you see the photo of the late Queen Elizabeth and her corgi on thebibleofbritishtaste instagram?

Content in a Cottage said...

beverly -- Yes, I saw it but almost missed the sleeping corgi in front of the electric fireplace fender. xo, Rosemary