Monday, December 26, 2022

Synchronized Birds Feeding

This made me laugh. Two birds eating in unison at my feeder. I learned a new trick with my camera too. I took a live photo and learned you can edit how you want to view them. I chose BOUNCE for this one and it converted it to a gif. This is so much fun. Hope you had a nice Christmas and are enjoying the day after as much as I did. xo

UPDATE:
I looked through my other photos and found this one taken earlier than the one above. It looks as if the cardinal was practicing the pecking rhythm shown above.  
L@@K below and look carefully at his nodding head.
Do you think he is practicing too? 
I have quite a few shots of him standing still, just observing.
Have a good week.
xo

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my word that's funny! Bet your birds are very grateful for the food.

Tasha T said...

Oh, this is such fun. I wonder if the other little bird felt left out? Thanks for posting, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Yes, my birds are very appreciative of the food in this frigid weather and I enjoy watching them so much. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I ADDED ANOTHER MOVING PHOTO TO THIS POST. It shows the cardinal watching several other birds and nodding his head every time they pecked at a seed. It looks like he was practicing the pecking pattern. So fascinating and fun too. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

That is uncanny. It really does look like the cardinal is copying the motions, almost like he's trying to get the beat. Love this, Rosemary! I'll confess. I actually think I recognize several of the birds who come to eat at our house. What's amazing is how different they are. There's one male cardinal that is very vocal, and his mate would rather eat than talk. It really is fun to watch them.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- My male cardinal spends more time watching than he does eating! He really does look as if he's trying to get the beat! My birds keep me entertained too. The female cardinal prefers feeding from the ground. My birds keep me entertained too. xo, Rosemary

annette said...

How cute is this! Thanks for my first smile of the day.xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- You are welcome. I'm glad my cardinal made you smile, xo, Rosemary