Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Moon Last Night with My Cottage Lights On


GOODNIGHT MOON

The moon was still low behind the bare trees in the woods when I went outside Monday night to try once again to capture it. I was shocked to see my red barn lit up and then I remembered I had just put the basement to bed and I must have turned on my outside light by mistake. Anyway, I like it! 

I turned on all of my inside lights before going outside. The inside light on the far right is my pantry that has two windows, one looking out on the front and one looking outside to the back. Next time, I will turn off the lamp at the back window. I had no luck with my camera phone on night mode. Then I turned on LIVE PHOTO and discovered this is the way to go for moon shots. I deleted all but the best shot because they take up so much photo storage. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete the 2 views that were not used. In the old days you could click to keep best photo and automatically delete the others. I have looked and looked and you can't do that now. BUT I found a work around. You can go to Snapseed and save a copy (will be saved as one still photo) or you can email the live photo to yourself and save it to your photos. These copies will be one still photo. Then you can delete the three-in-one live photo. If you are nervous, don't be. Deleted photos are saved for 30 days and you can put it back if you want. There was no reason to save this as a live photo because there was no movement. If you were photographing something cute like a baby talking on a play phone, you might want to save it as a live photo with action. I mention this because a friend send me such a photo of her baby granddaughter having a wonderful conversation on her toy cell phone😂 and most of her words were pure baby talk.

Have a great Tuesday. I hope this isn't too much information you don't understand about iPhones. A live photo magically takes three photos; one before you clicked the shutter, one exactly when you clicked the shutter, and one after you clicked, each one second apart. Then the phone decides which is the best photo. SO an iPhone can time travel and go back in time! This is the only way I can describe what I was talking about above. Hope this helps. xo

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I personally think the light on your red barn "makes" the photo. A beautiful contrast to the darkness of the house, trees and moon. You've given me the idea to take a photo of our house (from the outside) lit up at night. Hmmmm . . .

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- YAY! My lucky accident of leaving my back door light on turned into something I will always do from now on. Good luck with your experimentation with night photos with your house lit up from the inside. I hope my post wasn't too confusing trying to explain LIVE Photos. They are really 3-second videos with sound too. Thanks for your encouragement. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I agree with Mama Pea. That photo really captures the beauty of your property. I admire your commitment to learning about how your phone works. That's something that I struggle with. Hope you have a great day. Today, we're supposed to be in the 70s, then tomorrow we drop and by the weekend, lows in the teens are predicted. Oh my!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I watch a lot of YouTube tutorials about a new phone when I get one, especially the ones about the camera. I found a critical one all by myself over the weekend about the Macro setting and now I have it working the way I wanted. All of my friends contact me if they are having problems and they call me the Guru. If I don't know the answer for them I will almost always find it. Today is supposed to be 65° and sunny with RAIN and near freezing nights on Friday and Saturday so I have to hustle outside and really in truly put away my hoses, etc. Getting ready for winter is really important before the fact. Don't struggle with your phone. Watch YouTube on your laptop and pause it when they mention something you need to know and have your phone next to you so you can change the settings mentioned. Sometimes I have to pause and repeat multiple times until I understand. Good luck, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

It's a wonderful picture!

Content in a Cottage said...

Thanks, Lisa D. -- So glad you like it. xo, Rosemary