Thursday, November 10, 2022

Organized Two Kitchen Drawers + New Purse and a Selfie


I got a new $3 everyday silverware organizer while thrifting yesterday and put it to use as soon as I got home. Then I decided to tackle my junk drawer too.



It might look like a jumble to you but it is greatly improved to me. Why do I keep saving those square bread wrapper thingies and twist ties when I already have a lifetime supply? I don't even know what some of the things are in this drawer but I'm saving them again, just in case. 

What else did I buy? The most wonderful dark brown leather cross body (purse) that is small and rectangular and has a separate outside compartment that fits my new phone perfectly. The purse section just fits my wallet,  my keys, and little else. There is also a compartment under front flap closure for non bulky things -- like my business cards. It's vintage and in perfect condition. I am thrilled and I found the company online (JACK GEORGES) https://www.jackgeorges.com/ and it was VERY expensive when it was new and my lucky $3 purchase. They no longer make this small size crossbody but they should. Also got a $2 bagel cutter like one I already have for my downstairs kitchen and a small 50¢ spatula for jars. Finally, a $2 navy fleece hat with a sun visor and pull down ear flaps for winter snow shoveling. I'm so pleased with everything!
Have a great Thursday.


Decided to post a photo of my crossbody.
It looks much better in person. I want to condition it with leather balm because I want it to last forever. It's my dream purse. I couldn't have designed it better.


Here is a selfie showing the crossbody.

xo

8 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I just updated my Thursday post with a SELFIE at the end. YIKES!

Karen said...

That purse and you were made for each other:) Your junk drawer is the most organized one I have ever seen! I have gone to thrift stores since a child . . .and I adore seeing other people's finds. I hope you post your thrift goodies a lot:) Thanks for sharing - SO enjoyable!

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- I dislike shopping in retail stores but I adore supporting thrift and charity shops that support worthy causes. I got a much later start than you did as I didn't start until I was in college. It is so satisfying to shop this way and it's good for the environment too. I'm glad you like my purse! Now I can shop with both hands free even when wearing slacks with pockets too small for my phone. xo, Rosemary

Jean Ellen said...

You and the purse were made for each other! I recently found a gorgeous Coldwater Creek blouse that looks brand new for $7. That was a real find for me. Your drawers look so neat - I wonder how long that will last? ;)

Content in a Cottage said...

Jean Ellen -- HaHa, my junk drawer will never stay neat because that's where I put everything that doesn't have a designated spot. My silverware drawer will probably stay pretty neat now that I have a new dishwasher. It takes me one whole week to fill it up and then I really enjoy putting the squeaky clean things away. Your blouse sounds fabulous and congrats on finding one you really like for a great price. I forgot to mention the compartment for my phone has a zipper around it. Putting the phone in is really easy but I have to unzip it slightly to get out -- meaning it's very secure there. When entirely unzipped on 3 sides there are thick elastic straps to secure whatever you are holding there. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

An organized junk drawer brings me a lot of satisfaction (so why in the world don't I clean mine out more often??? lol). Yours look great and I, too, save bread ties. As my mom said, "You just never know when you might need one."

Such a nice photo of you, Rosemary. You look very well and I am so happy you found your perfect purse. Now a purse that meets your criteria is truly satisfying! Shopping at thrift shops and estate sales simply makes good sense to me.

Lisa D. said...

I had a wonderful friend - sadly she passed away from COVID in March of 2020 - who used to call her junk drawer her "oh hell" drawer. She was 97 or 98, I believe, when she passed away, and had a full, long and amazing life. She seriously had the most enchanting house I have ever seen. Not big. It was cottage-like and magical; dark chocolate brown with a steeply pitched slate roof, pieces of French country furniture, a snuggery, (I had never heard of a snuggery until I met her), with an enchanting garden. Her back yard was adjacent to a golf course. It looked as if you stepped into a magazine, but not uncomfortable or forced. It felt like it was embracing you. Her house was always in instagramable shape, and she took her brass faucet fixtures to the jeweler to be polished. I've no idea what she did when they were at the jeweler's!

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- The friend you lost to Cofid in 2020 must be a great loss for you. Thank you for sharing some details about her fabulous cottage and her OH HELL drawer. I would have polished her brass faucet fixtures in place for her had she been my dear friend! I need to know who took them apart for her so her jeweler could polish them. You are blessed to have known her. xo, Rosemary