Saturday, November 19, 2022

My Pantry - Wide View and A Detail

Tara Dillard must be a mindreader. Her comment in yesterday's post requested a photo or two of my pantry as she described hers. I had been experimenting with the wide angle lens on my camera phone and it worked to get the front window (with tin cat) and the rear window overlooking my red barn both in one photo. I have a bucket bench under the rear window and the lower shelves are filled with appliances that won't fit anywhere in my kitchen cabinets. My Instant Pot, Panini Press, Steam Iron and my KitchenAid stand mixer are just a few items. I keep seldom used things there too. This room was a small screened-in porch conversion for me and I continue to love it more each day. I pay my bills at the desk and stool under the "cat" window on my laptop (not shown). Paperwork is in the files shown in right corner. More shelves below for receipts, etc.


I should have tried to neaten my stack of pans to the left of the cookbooks but didn't. The wide shelves continue to the left of the pans with more bakeware in metal and glass. The hanging "onion" light fixture with amber glass was a garage sale find and it couldn't be more perfect.

Have a great Saturday.
More Missy photos tomorrow.
Maybe some birds too.
Click photos to enlarge.
xo


Ceiling detail, the center is one flat board. The boards leading up to the center are on an angle. Quick photo to answer Lisa D.'s question.


This pitcher is my newest addition to the shelf. I bought it along with my curtain rods at the Firehouse Flea Market in September and never mentioned it.

Pam loves my drafting table desk area. Here is my old 2019 post showing this area of my "office" in greater detail:


Both of these links show better photos of the drafting table desk in my pantry.

11 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I love your wood ceiling, Rosemary. Is it arched, like a barrel shape, or flat? I cannot tell from the photograph.

Pam said...

Rosemary, you have a wonderful pantry. I love the rustic wood ceiling and the natural light coming in from your windows. Then there's the beauty of your platters, along with hardworking pots, pans, etc. The desk area might be one of my favorite features of this space.

Karen said...

First off - isn't 'pantry' just a wonderful word? And yours . . .oh my:) It makes me SO HAPPY - **I set it as my computer screen background - hope you don't mind. You have a real way with your cottage - inside and out:)

Donna said...

What a wonderfully charming room this is! So cozy but efficient. Your cottage is so perfect!

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- I posted another photo of the ceiling end for you. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- I am honored to have my pantry/office/collections room photo on your computer's wallpaper. My cottage has just evolved over the years. The copper pots and the pottery were there from day one though. I have added pitchers over the years and just posted my newest one at the end of this post. My cottage is way from perfect but I love it and I'm glad you do too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I updated this post with a link to my old post in 2019 when I put my antique drafting table under the window as a desk. Click on the link I posted to see this corner in greater detail. I like this part of the pantry too. I can look out the front window overlooking my birdbath and daydream there. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Donna -- This tiny room is quite efficient. My cottage is far from perfect but it's close. I'm glad you like it too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Here is another link showing an old post with a great photo of my drafting table desk.

https://contentinacottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/desk-under-window-in-my-pantry.html

I will add this link to the post also. xo, Rosemary

Tara Dillard said...

Rosemary, so glad I was bold in asking.

Best photo yet of your Pantry.

Plenty of scope-for-the-imagination, and great ideas to copy anew.

Already keep daily dishes in Pantry, swapping them for seasons/holidays from China Closet in Dining Room. Will focus, as you do, on keeping some of the prettier pots/pans from kitchen cabinets, and platters/bowls from China Closet in the Pantry.

Hilarious pickle to be in. Standing/staring, brain work, germination of ideas, finally, action steps. Goal is happy beauty, life enhancing function, spirit filling results. Why think small?

Food will have to be rearranged, completely. Will put in more of my cookbooks too, freeing up space in the Library. Only 1 window, must figure out getting a plant into the Pantry.

Already have plans to get microwave into pantry>>>>>>>>>

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Tara, I had a white microwave in the pantry at one time on the bucket bench. Then I found a brand new black one at a thrift store and put it on my wooden kitchen counter next to my farmtable. Sounds like you are having fun styling your pantry and it sounds like a great winter project. xo, Rosemary