Friday, November 18, 2022

Missy's Back

I moved her dishes to another location by the radiator.


This was taken Thursday evening.


Friday morning, thawing out after a walk.

She likes this new cushion I bought at the Firehouse Flea Market in September. I have her until Tuesday morning. 

Thawed and back to the living room for a nap. I liked the head shadow made by the sun coming in through one of the French doors that open to my balcony. The other one is still closed because of the sun glare.

We'll see you later. 
PS: I will be adding photos to this post. 

I love popovers and have a special pan made for them. I have avoided making any for way too long because most recipes call for SO MUCH melted butter. This one calls for only one tablespoon. It's worth a try. If you don't have a popover pan you can use a muffin tin.


Click here for full recipe and the backstory.

xo

8 comments:

annette said...

Lucky dog!xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- Yes, Missy is one lucky dog to have me as her very own "pet minder" so she doesn't have to go to a boarding kennel. She is absolutely no trouble and I enjoy spoiling her. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

It's always fun to see your special guest, Missy! I'll bet she appreciates her new bed--it looks so cushy. Hope you girls have a good weekend.

Tara Dillard said...

Nice to catch up with Missy...........

Quite the nudge, your Popover recipe. My Popover pan hanging on the wall in the pantry, never used. Examined your recipe source, will try the small batch. If successful will move on to the Popover recipe with meat/mustard/cheese/pepper.

Hopefully, easy too and can make it for Sunday School.

Looking forward to more Missy updates.

(My pantry, ca. 1900 house, is amazing. Window, open shelves to 11' ceiling, a wider shelf at right height is a great 'counter'. One section of bead board wall has numerous nail holes, erratically spaced, from previous owners. Kept them all, put nails in them, voila, quite a mix of convenient gadgets hanging.

Everyone loves that Jumble Wall. Would have never thought to do it.

Not a cook, ate out all the time, with Covid, life changed. Suddenly the pantry needed to be functional. Now, many types of meals can be cooked from my pantry. Been a fun journey with cookbooks, grocery store, cooking, freezing, and pickling. In addition, since Covid drama began, have investigated what everything means on food labels. Who knew how toxic most grocery items are? Looking forward, someday, to 'styling' the pantry. Pure function now. Always appreciate pics of your pantry.)

Have a great weekend with Missy.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Missy loves the new bed in the kitchen. The flowery cover is ultra suede and very cozy next to the radiator. She is having a nice visit in her "second home" and I'm enjoying having her. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- I have posted a couple of pantry photos for you, as requested. Your pantry sounds AMAZING. I hope your first batch of popovers is a huge success. Have a great weekend. xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

Missy looks like a doll, and she is so lucky to have you. (I think she knows that!)

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- Missy definitely knows she's lucky to have me. xo, Rosemary