Tuesday, November 15, 2022

First Day for Wearing Mittens

These red berries really pop on an overcast day with no shadows.

Thawing ice in the birdbath. Love the bubbles!

A gathering of river rocks with water, leaves, and ice.

Handle and knot hole on my bunker door.
The dahlia tubers are inside overwintering.

A favorite brown & white transfer plate in the Aesthetic Movement style. I love the animals in the border, especially the dog. I'm getting Missy for a few days late Thursday afternoon. 

Today was the first day that felt like winter. I wore my mittens when I went to the grocery store. I took these photos when I got back around 3:30. I should have gone out early when I got up to take frost photos but I didn't. There will be other opportunities for those on another day.

Last night I finished the last episode of HOPE STREET on BritBox. Luckily Season 2 premiers in a few days because it Season 1 ended with a real cliff hanger. Then I watched Miss Scarlet and the Duke on PBS Video.

That's all for Tuesday with rain on the way. xo

4 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Thank you for the TV viewing tips. Will look for Hope Street tonight. Need a break from The Crown. I know most feel that Princess Diana was treated most unfairly but in many ways I find she's a bit of a spoiled brat. And Tit for Tat never comes out right....for anyone. I best get off this subject. ;-)

Pam said...

I'm always amazed at how brilliant red berries seem to be once the leaves have fallen. The surrounding colors (or lack of it) makes all the difference in how we see things. A great lesson in perspective.

I dug out my gloves a few days ago, and glad I did. When I went to early morning appointments it was snowing and I sure felt the cold.
So thankful for a warm car with seat heaters, lol!

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, I have only watched the first two seasons of The Crown. I had Acorn TV for 2 years and now I am in my first year of BritBox. I always have something to watch. I'll try to post more about what I'm watching to help you find things. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- The red berries really stand when the trees fall from the bushes. I put a bird feeder out in my front yard this week and it took a while for the birds to find it. Today they did and I am so happy. I am bringing it in at night so my 40 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds will last a long time. My old car had heated seats but my 3 year old one does not. I don't go out early very much so it's okay. I have a fabulous windshield defroster though and I'm happy about that. xo, Rosemary