Friday, November 4, 2022

Busy Friday Dawn Til Dark


I was up with the sun this morning.
I got my third Covid booster before lunch and did a few errands. Then I came home and did my final mowing of the year and it looks so nice.



I started with the front and mowed over the leaves with my mulching walk behind mower on a low setting. I started with the front.



Just a random photo with a nice blue sky today.



It looks better in person than in this photo. The sky is better in this photo than the second one.



I really like the clouds over my red barn/garage. I am not dealing with all the leaves on the driveway down there and I might just leave them. Not sure yet.



View of the back 40 from my balcony. While I was standing here lots and lots of robins  gathered and were happily hopping about in the nice short grass. They are MY robins that were raised here. I love them so much. I keep the bird baths filled for them and love to see them splashing around. They are such enthusiastic bathers.

That All. The End.
Have a great weekend.
xo

6 comments:

Pam said...

It sounds like you put in an extra long day, Rosemary, but when you think about being done with mowing for the season, that should put a smile on your face. We got our yard done, too, and it needed it! Your pictures are such good quality. Bet you're enjoying your new phone. Have a great weekend!

Tara Dillard said...

Thank you for this, " They are MY robins that were raised here."

Never came across another person writing this. 30 years in my previous home/garden, it evolved, The BIRDS may land in my neighbor's gardens but they are MY birds.

Dear neighbor across the street, at her funeral, the pastor went so far as to mention how she loved HER birds. Whipped my head/eyes quickly to my husband next to me. Unspoken, Glad MY birds gave enjoyment !!!!

Agreed, they are YOUR robins.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- My grass really needed a final cutting too and YES it feels good. It's good to hear you did the same thing. Thank you for your kind words about my photos. I am enjoying my new phone's camera very much. I enjoyed being outside with it on another nice day. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Tara, It's good to hear you have YOUR birds too. My mother robin raises at least two broods in the same corner under my balcony every year and they all stay around all summer and come back every year. They never disappoint. I have always been especially fond of robins. xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I am so behind at putting my yard to rest for the winter.Today is very windy but 50 degrees, rain for the next 3 days then down in the 30s. We had snow last Friday. I will head out soon and battle the wind and try to do a lot of trimming and clean up. I think I will have a lot of work come spring.

Content in a Cottage said...

The Queen Vee -- Victoria, They say it's better for the birds if you don't do a fall cleanup because they can find things to eat among the unraked leaves. It's okay to wait until spring if it's too cold and windy to work outside. I can't believe you've already had snow! I have windows open today. We are having a very wonderful fall with spring-like days recently but colder temps are on their way. Don't work to hard especially in the wind. xo, Rosemary