Saturday, October 8, 2022

Washing Windows


I washed the outside windows on the front of the house today. Yesterday I washed the living room front windows inside.



It went beautifully. I used hot water with several squirts of Dawn Ultra and several drops of the rinse aid that came with my new dishwasher. I used my long pole lambswool applicator and then used my long pole squeegee without rinsing. Then I got up on my new ladder and went over the glass with a lint free dishcloth and then I polished with a microfiber cloth. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed this task I usually dread. Having the right tools and the right ladder made all the difference. I did my front door window too. 

Yesterday I worked in the front garden and cut my peonies down to the ground. I pulled up all the weeds and planted some purple flowering kale. I want to spread some wood chips tomorrow and the garden will be officially put to bed for the winter. Having nice weather was a big plus.
xo

4 comments:

Lisa D. said...

When you are finished at your cottage, can you please come over to my house and do this?!

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- HaHa. My living room windows were really in need of a good washing. I can't even remember the last time I did them. Once they were done it made me go outside and finish. It was a very rewarding task because now they literally sparkle.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

It is incredibly pleasing to look out of sparkling clean windows. I used to have a similar tool for washing our windows at the farm. It really did help. I need to cut my peonies, too. Thanks for the reminder, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I still have many more inside windows to attend to but I can do that when it gets too cold to work outside. I used a new system for indoors and it worked beautifully. I went over each pane using a Surface Wipe with Clorox already in the wipe. Then I cleaned that off with a lint free dishcloth and then polished with a microfiber cloth. This worked SO much better than Windex. It's disheartening to clean windows and end up with streaking that requires cleaning again. So happy now.
Have fun cutting down you peonies. xo, Rosemary