Saturday, October 29, 2022

Two Favorite Things on My Wall


Two things I love that hang behind my seat on the sofa in the living room. The shadows from two antique decanters are added interest. The gold framed item is a little crooked and I have straightened it. Taking photos around my house lately is requiring a lot of straightening and dusting you know! The dog painting is oil on board and the dog is a water spaniel. I took the photo after dark on night mode.



This 18th century hand drawn pen and ink birth record is from Hanover New Jersey and records the birth dates for Ellis and Sarah Cook and their children. This is the way I bought it and I was told it was a page from the family bible. The angel drawing across the top was a popular motif to carve on early American tombstones.

Have a great weekend.
xo

2 comments:

Pam said...

The framed birth record is in great condition--nearly 300 years old (if my math is right). Wow!!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- It might have all been done in 1760 with Mary Cook's birth because the writing looks the same up to that point but it's still 262 years old and I love it. xo, Rosemary