Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

A real scallop shell on a boxtop with shell engravings.


A scallop shell coat of arms photographed from my 
Royal Book of Crests.


This is the huge rock Lisa D. asked about next to the mushroom on the right that is now broken halfway up the stem. The rock was once sticking out of my driveway just enough to be a problem for a snow plow. My mason dug it up never thinking it could possibly be this big. It was very heavy too but he did it.


Such a beautiful dark blue sky today.💙


A remnant from the days when I had a clothesline.


Pine tree, needles, and a colorful leaf.


Puffball (mushroom) is looking rather like leather.


Puffball looking toward my house. 

Giant sycamore leaf. It's so much fun to walk through these leaves because they have such a satisfying crunch underfoot. 

UPDATE: I posted a video (my first story on Instagram) of me walking toward my house thru another patch of very large crunchy leaves with sound. If you want to watch, click HERE and then click VIEW STORY. 
Be sure to turn on the sound.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/contentinacottagerosemarybeck/2961198633422189598/

Are you bored yet? Please let me know.
xo

11 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Not bored at all! It's the every day things in our different lives that I find very interesting. :o)

Content in a Cottage said...

Thanks Mama Pea -- I should have included some of my weekend indoor window washing photos too😂 xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Oh no! Never bored looking at your photos, Rosemary! Please keep them coming. I always look forward to seeing what you've found for us.

That rock does look big and heavy--wonder if it's granite? Doesn't it make you wonder what else is hidden underground? I spent much of my youth growing up in Minnesota. The glacier activity buried many rocks and every spring, when my dad plowed the fields for planting, a new batch of rocks would surface. We "picked rocks" and had a rock pile that was quite large. Such hard work, but when I was young I didn't mind.

Tara Dillard said...

Not bored, ever with your sharing.

Favorite view of your home, from the puffball looking back at your house. Stunning.


Great stone, jewelry for the garden.

Garden & Be Well, XOT

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- It took me two years to clear all the rocks from areas to be mowed and I can honestly say I have footprints on every inch of my property. So many rocks surfaced when my septic system was installed and when the excavated dirt was redistributed. I never minded doing this either. I don't think my large rock is granite. There is a lot of ironstone and shale in the ground here. Thanks for not being bored. I shall keep my new photos coming. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Thank you! Never thought my rock was garden jewelry but now that's what it will be. xo, Rosemary

Gail, northern California said...

Bored? Never. Thank you, Rosemary. I always enjoy photos taken in and around your beautiful place. I even enjoy "before and after"photos taken when you're in the midst of a project. By the way, I love your white cottage with black trim. There's an elegance about it.

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, Thank you. If there were a way to show you before and after photos of my current window washing marathon, you would enjoy that too. But you have to be sitting and peering out the window or door in question to be able to appreciate the AFTER effect. I don't wash them often enough but now maybe I can keep up. Happy Halloween👻🎃
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I posted a STORY on Instagram today. My first one. It is a video with great sound of walking toward my cottage thru some crunchy leaves. The link is posted under the large sycamore leaf at the end if this post. Click to watch it and enjoy.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I never tire of looking at your photos. I love the spooky moon fog photo. Of course you know how much I love spooky October.

Content in a Cottage said...

The Queen Vee -- Victoria, You are definitely the queen of spooky and Halloween! Thanks for liking my photos! xo, Rosemary